Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Owner/Admin/Head Honcho -=DoW=- Acedeal's Avatar
    Images

Update Your Profiles

Please update your Profiles to the correct GMT offsets.
    If you Live in Texas for example the GMT offset would be
    GMT -5, as it is Daylight Savings Time. When the Time Changes again, it will be GMT-6

If you will notice, i have added another field when viewing the posts so that you can see what time it is where the poster lives. This will help when planning events, etc.etc.

If you do not know what your GMT offset is, Just ask here. I'm sure you'll get at least 50 people telling you what it is

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

I just noticed that after posting a reply. I was about to go nut and kill my self for all the times I've counted timezones.

[edit]
    if you double click on the clock in your system tray and goto timezones it will tell you your GMT offset. Dont for get to subtract one from that for Daylight savings.

Images
    Mine is correct, it still says the wrong time tho :-((

Germany is GMT +1 - and "The where I live is 1:01 pm" - wrong its 2:01 pm
    FSG A Company / -=DoW=- Admin

If they are too strong, then you are too weak

Images
    Are you on the Euro daylight Savings thingie ?
    What's it called EST or something

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }

Images
    errrrm, I think so, we changed the clock once this year ;-))

Images
    You have to remember that Windows auto corrects for daylight savings time, if you have that option checked. This forum software does not auto-correct. If you put in -6 it will -6 from GMT. The software does not care about savings time settings :0

Images
    Oh, ok. well me is at forum +1 :-)) until end of this month sometime I think :-))

weird... daylight savings are set dates...
    "I am not an Expert, I just play one on the Internet!!"

Images
    Yes,
    But not every timezone observes Daylight Savings Time. While they may be set dates for each time zone, and example of one that does not change times (if not mistaken) Phoniex Az does not observe DST. I remember hearing / reading something about; some parts of Az observe DST some do not.

This is why, the forums does not reconize DST, you would have to program the code to see if you observer DST or not.

Correct me if mistaken here.

-----------

The times effected are the times posted, i.e. the forums times. If something was posted during a "standard time", it will remain a standard time. If something was posted during "daylight/summer" time, it will reflect that time. The user's timezone is independent of the timezone set for the forums. It is available as a convenience to allow users to "see" the forum's times relative to their local time.

This is not magic, nor is it an overall change to ALL times for ALL users... it is a means for the forums times to correctly reflect "Daylight/Summer" time if the server observes Daylight/Summer time.

Once again, there are a myriad of reasons why there is not a universal "Daylight/Summer" time... they are based on geographical, geopolitical, and/or socio-economic reasons. in the USA, as in other countries, not everyone adheres to "Daylight/Summer' time. Some areas of the USA remain on standard time year around. Some areas have opted to follow the time zone just to the east or west due to a variety of reasons.... again geographical, geopolitical, and/or socio-economic reasons.

---------

Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states.
    from http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

----------------------------------

Code:
     return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz)), $translate) : @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz)); 
    # 
    # 

$dst = date('I', $gmepoch) * 3600; 

return ( !empty($translate) ) ? strtr(@gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz) + $dst), $translate) : @gmdate($format, $gmepoch + (3600 * $tz) + $dst); 
    #
    I'll see if this little snipet of code will fix some of the DST issues

at the end of the day it will be no more then a database query..

lets see if it works now
    "I am not an Expert, I just play one on the Internet!!"

Thread Information