Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Random firing

Random firing

Just wondering if anywhere in the OFFICIAL DoW written rules it says anything about not being allowed to randomly fire (ie: just finishing off a clip to reload by shooting a wall, lamp, box, etc.)?

Any attention to this topic is appreciated.

Owner/Admin/Head Honcho -=DoW=- Acedeal's Avatar
    Images
    Good question.

Nope, if you want to stand there and unload your clip on a wall and write your name on it, well, I see no issue with that.

But we do have a rule about blind firing, spam shooting towards where you think the enemy is.

http://www.dow-sniper.net/forum/rules.php while these are still being worked on, they cover the basic premise of what it is we are about..

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

Thank you very much for your input Acedeal

I appreciate your answer Acedeal, and thank you for taking your time to answer it. I look forward to playing with you on your servers sometime. Only the best to you and your's. Cheers.

The rules don't cover random firing, as you've described it, but (unless the section has been changed, and I haven't noticed) they do cover "spamming" and "blind shooting". For further definition, look at the rules.

Images
    Coby is correct; Spam shooting is in the Rules

OK,
    So i have been corrected, Spam shooting is just what I explained.
    ie, writing your name in the wall = "Spam Shooting".

See even I get into trouble, So let me correct my statement.

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }

I can't see any difference between radom fire and spam shooting.
    And there's no.
    Give me ONE reason that finishing a clip like you did makes sense, instead of hitting the reload button.
    That makes unnecessary noises and disturbs your team-mates.

Now that I think of it, Ace and Lonely are right. Random firing is just about the same as spamming. Heck, if you wanna write your name on a wall, just type "open Bridge.aao" in the console, then "playerlock 0" and "mpcheat changeclass GP" and finally "mpcheat paramsammo 1" and have fun.

Otherwise, it really can cause an unnecessary distraction. Same for just finishing off a clip for the hell of it. Especially on a sniper server, where a shot fired usually means something serious.

So let me get this straight all those times I got shot/( even though it says sniped) on the =DoW= server while crawling from under the assault arch towards the area under the burning truck were illegal when I could not even see the opposing force while crawling and zoomed in? ARGH

Images
    No,
    Defense has an advantage on the bridge, for some unknow reason they can see from like the car to the truck, but you can not see from the truck to the car..

Really? Now THAT is news to me! I'll have to check it out sometime. So far, there's not been many times where I've been shot by someone I couldn't later see from the "Corpse View".

Thread Information